Say NO to a Nuclear Waste Dump in Folkestone and Hythe
Folkestone & Hythe District Council have resurrected their plan to build a nuclear dump under the Romney Marsh.
Folkestone and Hythe Liberal Democrats oppose the building of a Geological Disposal Facility under the Marsh on the grounds that:
- It's in the South East, which is a densely populated area
- It has poor transport links
- It's on a flood plain
- The surrounding rock probably isn't geologically suitable
- This area has suffered the 4th strongest UK earthquake this century
- The dump would be right on the doorstop of both a Site of Special Scientific Interest and an RSPB reserve
We call upon Folkestone and Hythe District Council to drop this plan.
Sign up to this campaign online
Help spread the message
Whether you've already signed up to the campaign or aren't ready just yet, you can still help encourage other people to sign up.